Harvey Yen ispartner & lawyerof Beijing ZHONG YIN Law Firm (Top 6 famous law firms in China, and the leading law firm in China capital market). Harvey received his J.D. (with honors) from Peking University.Harvey was engaged as an expert lawyer forCCOIC (China Chamber of International Commerce), and was named as one of Top 10“International Service Star for SMEs” by China Association of Small and Medium Entrepreneurs.
Harvey focuses his legal practice on representing Chinese companies seeking cooperation opportunities overseas, and also helping foreign companies expanding business in Chinese market. His work has been as varied as assisting iTunes S.à.r.l.,(Apple Inc.) to meet the Chinese government censorship when iTunes officially login to China market, helping a company owned bySingaporeTemasek to get past the antitrust review by CMOCof its acquisition of five China state-owned power plants, acquiring of Germany advanced manufacturing technology for a Chinese aviation manufacturer, setting up dollar funds to raise money from USA market, solving arbitration disputes on behalf of a Singapore company against a famous Korean company (LG) involving four countries, collecting huge amount of debt by importing companies overseas as an expert attorney engaged by CCOIC (China Chamber of International Commerce ), and assisting several Chinese companies to list and trade in New York Stock Exchange.
Harvey specializes inthe following fields:1)Banking& Finance and Capital Markets, 2) International Investment and M&A, 3) Cross-borderTransaction, 4) International Disputes Resolution.
Harvey lives and works both in Beijing and Paris. His work languages areEnglish, Chinese and French.
Harveyoffers/offered comprehensive legal services to many well-known companies or large multinational corporations, including but not limited to People'sDaily, CDB (China Development Bank),CAB(China Agricultural Bank), CICC,iTunes,ChinaLifeInsurance,China construction technology group, Century 21 Real Estate(CTC.NY),Temasek, CCOIC,SembCorp, CCSOLN(600180.SS), Biostar Pharmaceuticals Inc. (BSPM.NY), etc.
Harvey is a frequent writer and public speaker on doing business in China and growing business overseas. He is frequently invited by governments or organizations as an expert to give trainings, make speeches or share opinions in various forums or leadership courses. Harvey keeps a good relationship with hundredsofbusiness leaders in different industries, and he is realizinghis dream to affect the decision of thousands of chairmen of the boards of companies both at home and abroad.
Harvey spends his free time reading classical Chinese and modern Western philosophy, practicing Wang Yangming's theory of mind, and traveling around the world.
He Focuseson the Second-Tier Cities&Medium Sized Enterprises
There are more than 20,000,000 enterprises in China, most of which are small and medium sized companies (SME). Compared to those state-owned or other large enterprises, the medium sized and private enterprises are more needing international legal services now, especially those from Chinese second-tier cities. They constitute the essential partof Chinese superpower, and they possessboth capital and market share, they also have growth potentials. To service the second-tier cities, Harvey has already built ascale industrial ecosphere, whichcovers thousands of entrepreneurs from more than 30 cities all around China market.
● Assisting iTunes S.à.r.l.,(Apple Inc.) to meet the Chinese government censorship when iTunes officially Login to China market;
● International arbitration disputes between CCSOLN (Singapore) and LG (Korea) (the arbitration language is English);
● Sembcorp (Singapore) acquiring of five power plants (JV) through offshore companies (involving the amount of more than＄100,000,000);
● Collecting huge amount of debt by importing companies overseas as an expert attorney engaged by CCOIC (China Chamber of International Commerce );
● Recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards (CIETAC) in Greece courts;
● Providing international legal service for CCSOLN (Singapore) to buy bulk commodities from overseasmarket and sell to Chinese market;
● Setting up joint venture in GHANA for Chinese company and commence business in African market;
● Acquiring of Germany advanced manufacturing technology for a Chinese aviation manufacturer;
● Helping Chinese companies to set up dollar funds to raise money from USA market;
● Providing legal opinions for CDB relating to infrastructure construction financing in several surrounding countries;
● Helping Chinese investor to participate in the auction held by Paris Court and buy the shares of post-bankruptcy company;
● Providing legal service for People's Daily when it seek cooperation with and a well-known media from southern Africa;
● American Avenue Capital (Avenue Capital) Strategic investment plan (involving the amount of 50 million dollars initial investment);
● Goldman Sachs’ investment in CENTURY 21 China. (the initial investment amounts to ＄22,000,000);
● 3rd Planet Pte.(Singapore) setting up joint ventures (JV) with CCIC;
● Ferrit S.R.O. (Czech Republic) setting up business in China related legal affaires;
● International arbitration disputes between Tiran Kabul LLC (Afghanistan) and Chinese company;
● International Arbitration dispute between ASY International SP.ZO.O(Poland) and a Chinese company;
● International Arbitration dispute between AL Jazira Water Treatment Chemicals (Saudi Arabia) and Chinese companies;
● IPR dispute between John Bean Technologies Spa (Italy) and itsChinese partners;
Harvey received his J.D. (with honors) from Peking University.